If you have an Android phone or tablet, there’s a good chance you’ve tried to scratch your roguelike itch on the go. Which means you probably have heard of Pixel Dungeon! Many believe it’s the best roguelike on Google Play. So today, we have Pixel Dungeon develop watabou!
1) What are your favorite roguelikes right now? (Maximum of 5)
Brogue (as usual), Hoplite (even though it’s not really a roguelike imo). But I don’t play much at present.
2) What do you love about the fantasy genre?
I like the concept of magic. It can be really weird and convincing at the same time.
3) Many players struggle to reach the Ooze or the Tengu. Would you consider unlocking the Huntress without the difficult accomplishment of beating the 3rd boss?
No. The Huntress class is a reward and for reward there needs to be a challenge.
4) What is your favorite class to play in Pixel Dungeon?
5) Where do you see Pixel Dungeon in five years?
In oblivion 🙂 Five years is a too long period for a mobile game.
6) You mentioned you’re designing another game on your tumblr blog. Can you give us any information about it?
Nope, sorry. It’s not a secret, it’s just too early to talk about it. Everything may change anyway.
7) What are your favorite television shows and movies?
Adventure time! 🙂
8) What are your favorite novels?
There are too many of them. I like Terry Pratchett for example.
9) What is something about you that people don’t know?
I have no idea what people know or not know about me :). Probably that I’m quite old?
10) What are your favorite music artists/bands?
It’s hard to say. The last thing I’ve downloaded is Illy’s “Cinematic”. It’s ok.
11) Estimating an average, how many hours a day do you work on Pixel Dungeon?
About a couple of hours I think. Sometimes I work for a whole day, sometimes I don’t work at all.
12) If Blizzard Entertainment called you and offered 1 Million Dollars to take over Pixel Dungeon and turn it into a 60 dollar game, would you accept their offer?
Of course! I think they develop games of a really good quality. And anyway I need those 1000000$ 🙂
13) What are some of your hobbies outside of video games?
Snowboarding is one of them.
14) If you could use one wand from Pixel Dungeon in real life, which one would you choose?
Wand of Teleninesis. On rare occasion I need to incinerate or poison somebody, but there are dozens of uses for the wand of telekinesis in everyday life.
15) Can you tell us what could be added to the game through 2014?
Nothing dramatic :). Items, maybe monsters, UI improvements – things like that. Google Play services integration.
16) Are there any new classes being planned?
17) Are you worried that World War 3 could happen during your lifetime?
No, I don’t believe it.
18) What are your favorite non-roguelike games, maximum of 5?
World of Warcraft (speaking about Blizzard), Fire Emblem.
19) Do you like Sudoku puzzles?
20) Will the game ever get longer, or is 25 levels it’s final length?
I think it’s long enough for a mobile roguelike.